us to upgrade your D2’s cooling system firmware to Version 2.0. If you cover shipping costs, then we will upgrade the firmware and clean your Cooling Dock at no charge. We are offering a special promotion
that can be used to help covered shipping costs.
The following outlines Version 2.0's main revisions from Version 1.0:
- 4x Fixed cooling mode has been revised to start with a default 1600 RPM fixed speed or a user’s saved custom fixed speed.
- 5x Fixed Customize cooling mode has been added as a separate mode for the user to select a custom speed for 4x Fixed cooling mode. This allows the cooling system to save the user’s custom fixed speed so that it can be reactivated without having to reselect a fixed speed, which can be helpful when a user wants to change between modes to meet various audio or cooling performance scenarios.
- 6x Auto + cooling mode has been revised with significantly more aggressive mapping.
- 7x Auto default cooling mode has been revised with slightly more aggressive mapping.
- 8x Auto - cooling mode has been revised with slightly less aggressive mapping.
- The reset to factory default has been revised to reset Fixed cooling mode to the default 1600 RPM.
- The order of cooling modes has been revised along with associated switch activations required to enable the cooling modes.
We have done a lot of research and testing to dial in the firmware settings to work for as many users as possible, so we recommend sticking with the standard firmware. However, if you work in unusual conditions or just want to dial in settings for your particular needs, then the following firmware parameters can be changed per your preference:
Back to top of page
- 2x Turbo cooling mode's 3200 RPM can be changed to any speed between 900-3600 RPM.
- 2x Turbo cooling mode’s 5-minute run time can be changed to any length of time between 30-seconds and 8 hours.
- 3x Turbo + cooling mode’s 3200 RPM can be changed to any speed between 900-3600 RPM.
- 4x Fixed cooling mode’s 1600 RPM default can be changed to any speed between 900-3600 RPM.
- 6x Auto + / 7x Auto / 8x Auto - cooling mode’s temperate and speed response curves can be changed to your preference with temperature settings between 0-45 degrees Celsius and fan speed settings between off and 900-3600 RPM. For instance, you can set the fan to stay off until a certain temperature is reached, then gradually or steeply increases, or alternatively, the fan can always stays on, etc. You can provide a narrative description of what you are looking for, or provide more details with desired temperature and speed responses. You can also download the diagrams from v2.0 or v1.0, and then sketch over the existing curves with what you prefer.
- The order of cooling modes can be rearranged, along with the cooling mode’s associated switch activations and LED signals.