Cooling Stand SRxN
Cooling Stand SRxN
Out of stock
The Cooling Stand model SRxN supports and silently cools Apple and PC laptops (see specs) with an unmatched level of open airflow for silent passive cooling.
The SRxN and all Cooling Stand models feature a fully modular system with exchangeable components and model reconfigurability, as well as hidden cord clutter, improved workstation ergonomics and extra rigid no-bounce device support for the largest Mac/PC laptops. All SVALT cooling systems use modular bolted / snapped cooling system assemblies and ship with the tools required for right-to-repair servicing, exchanging and upgrading. All SVALT products are made locally with care in the Pacific Northwest, using enduring metal construction made from solid aluminum.
- Rectilinear styling with straight sides.
- Passive airflow cooling.
- Compatible with modular active airflow cooling unit.
- User reconfigurable bolt-in modular components.
- 3rd generation laptop support arms w/ 200% more open airflow.
- 3rd gen arms with two position non-slip pads better support ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Universal compatibility for Mac / PC laptops.
- Screen viewing ergonomics raised 8.4-inches higher.
- Extra heavy duty structure for no bounce support.
- Hidden cord clutter and user accessories.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
- Made from aluminum and steel in Portland, Oregon.
Passive Airflow Cooling Features
- Optimized passive airflow cooling so fan can be turned off for silent operation.
- Angled laptop with raised back edge helps rising hot air through exhaust vents.
- Angled laptop with lowered front edge helps pull cool air through laptop intake vents.
- Open space below and around laptop for improved cooling air circulation.
- Angled up and out support arms direct airflow for improved cooling.
- Large air channel cutouts in the support arms for improved cooling.
- Third generation laptop support arm design with 200% more open airflow than 1st generation and 70% more than 2nd generation.
Optional Active Airflow Cooling Features
- Active airflow cooling can be added when needed by purchasing and installing the modular Cooling Unit component.
Workstation Productivity Features
- Non-slip feet pads and heavy weight for increased stability.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch laptop screen raised approximately 8.4 inches for improved ergonomics.
- Raised screen for improved external display alignment.
- Heavy steel and aluminum construction for rigid no-bounce laptop typing.
- Solid front panel for hiding cable clutter.
- Solid front panel for hiding user accessories, drives and docking stations.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru and hidden clutter.
- Removable straps for hiding cables on support arms and quick laptop setup.
Device Compatibility Features
- Two position non-slip pads better support a wider range of laptops from ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Cooling optimized for current generation Mac laptops, with universal Mac and PC laptop cooling.
- Solid, rigid and stable structure for universal laptop support, including large PC gaming laptops.
Right-to-Repair Modularity Features
- Bolt-on modular components for multiple product model configurations.
- Modular bolt/snap assembly for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Optional bolt-on speed control circuit board for servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Optional bolt-on fan with standard 3/4-pin fan connection for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade with nearly any 120x120x25mm fan.
- Product ships with all of the tools required for disassembly.
- Packaging system works with all Cooling Stand SRx models.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
Material and Component Quality Features
- Extra thick 0.312 inch 6061 aluminum front plate for extra strength and durability.
- Anodized aluminum finish for matching Mac laptop finishes.
- Black powder coated steel laptop support arms, support legs, and cooling unit frame for extra strength and durability.
- Metal construction for long life span and end-of-life recyclability.
- High-quality fans with long life performance.
- High-quality components over-specced for increased performance and life.
- Minimal use of plastic for reduced environmental impact.
- Biodegradable package cushioning for reduced impact.
- Designed and crafted with care in and around Portland, OR, USA.
- Design driven by a passion to make best-in-class products.
- Innovative design with patents issued and/or pending.
- Support and trade-ins for anyone with a SVALT product.
Cooling System Specifications
- Modular Cooling System: Active airflow cooling can be added when needed by purchasing and installing the modular Cooling Unit component. Bolted connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Note: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: All Mac laptops, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Oversized gaming to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with laptops operated in open-screen or closed-screen clamshell mode.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with all Mac and PC laptops that are at least 9.4 inches wide (side-to-side) and 6.8 inches deep (front-to-back). We are not aware of any laptop made that is too large or too heavy for the Cooling Stand’s substantial heavy bolt and oversized metal support structure.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with laptop built-in cooling system designs and layouts of which we are aware. Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to passive cooling airflow. 2) Laptop used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Larger laptop size for increased surface area cooling. 4) Hot air exhaust vents located along the back screen hinge edge to exhaust rising hot air. 5) Cool air intake vents located on the bottom underside surface, along the front edge, or along the front portion of the side edges to pull in fresh cool air.
- Compatibility Criteria for User Accessories: The Cooling Stand’s solid front panel blocks cooling fan airflow and noise, as well as hides cord clutter and user accessories. When placing user accessory items that generate heat, then some portion of that heat will transfer to the laptop through line-of-site proximity heat radiation, rising hot air currents, and/or fan driven air movement. To lessen heat transfer to the laptop, or when maximum laptop cooling is desired, then avoid placing items that generate heat close to the laptop.
- Note: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 9.5 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 8.7 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 7.8 inches.
- Product Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- 1 x Support Mounting Plate: anodized aluminum modular system component onto which other components mount, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Support Plate #10 hex key: tool for installing modular system components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Laptop Support Arms: steel 3rd generation laptop support arms, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm cable straps: user installed Velcro straps, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Arms onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in envelope and accessories box.
- 2 x Support Legs: steel support leg modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Support Leg #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Legs onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 6 x Support Arm and Leg leveling pads: optional user installed non-slip 1/32” thick pads to level arm and leg contact pad locations, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Reusable accessory box: holds accessories.
- 1 x Reusable product packaging: modular product box works with all Cooling Stand SR series models and can be used as a compact travel case.
- Note: Assembly required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Aluminum Finish Colors (listed from left to right)
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Space Gray color.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Midnight color.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Silver color.
- Aluminum Finish Notes
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
- Cooling Stand arm, leg and cooler cover parts are made from steel and have a matte black powder coat finish. The parts have non-cosmetic conditions around the through holes used for mounting holes.
Order and Shipping Information
- SVALT products are made locally and hand built to order per the estimated build lead time listed above under the dropdown selector.
- SVALT is a local company based in Portland, Oregon. Oregon does not collect sales tax.
- International customers are responsible for paying their country’s import fees and taxes upon delivery. International orders are limited to one item per shipment.
- 15-day return and 1-year limited warranty for US customers.
- Support and trade-ins available for anyone with a SVALT product.
- See policies for additional details.
Objects of Substance
SVALT is a mission driven company that offers something different with products that are as much art as tech, and as much objects of substance as machines engineered for performance. Made locally with care in the Pacific Northwest, SVALT products endure with solid metal construction, right-to-repair maintenance, easy upgrades, and a focus on sustainability.