Cooling Stand SRx
Cooling Stand SRx
The SRx and all Cooling Stand models feature a fully modular system with exchangeable components and model reconfigurability, as well as hidden cord clutter, improved workstation ergonomics and extra rigid no-bounce device support for the largest Mac/PC laptops. All SVALT products are made with enduring metal construction milled from solid aluminum in the Pacific Northwest. All SVALT products use modular bolted/snapped assemblies and ship with the tools required for right-to-repair servicing, exchanging and upgrading.
The cooling system has two fan options. The B14 black fan provides ultra-quiet low-speed for an always on baseline cooling in more noise sensitive environment, with high-speed available for more aggressive cooling when needed. The G17 gray fan provides more powerful quiet low-speed in less noise sensitive environments, with even more powerful high-speed cooling when needed. The bolt and snap modular cooling system and fans allow for easy exchange through accessories, and the cooling system will work with most any standard 120x120x25mm fan.
Optional Mac Mini/Studio Supports
The cooling system can be ordered with pads pre-installed to support a Mac Mini or Mac Studio.
The Cooling Stand product line is a fully modular system where one model can be converted into another or individual components can be replaced or upgraded in the future through accessories. We also offer a variety of upgrade options to our customers.
- Rectilinear styling with straight sides.
- Active and passive airflow cooling.
- Externally cools laptop enclosure.
- Pushbutton dual-speed for quiet and max cooling.
- Quiet and powerful active airflow cooling system.
- Exchangeable snap-in 3/4-pin 120x120x25mm fan.
- Exchangeable bolt-in modular cooling system.
- User reconfigurable bolt-in modular components.
- 3rd generation laptop support arms w/ 200% more open airflow.
- 3rd gen arms with two position non-slip pads better support ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Universal compatibility for Mac / PC laptops.
- Screen viewing ergonomics raised 8.4-inches higher.
- Extra heavy duty structure for no bounce support.
- Hidden cord clutter and user accessories.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
- Made from aluminum and steel in Portland, Oregon.
- Airflow directed and optimized for superior cooling performance.
- Fan drives airflow onto aluminum enclosure for improved cooling.
- Finger guard spaced off of fan for increased cooling airflow and reduced noise.
- Open space above and below fan for increased cooling airflow and reduced noise.
- Third generation laptop support arm design with 200% more open airflow than 1st generation and 70% more than 2nd generation.
- External outlet power supply for increased power with reduced internal laptop heat gain.
- Large 120x120x25mm 12-volt fan for powerful yet quiet cooling.
- High-speed for max cooling and low-speed for quiet cooling.
- Aluminum front facing pushbutton switch with high- and low-speed LEDs for effective and simple to operate dual-speed control.
- Snap-on air deflector to direct airflow and for users sensitive to cold air movement.
- Optimized passive airflow cooling so fan can be turned off for silent operation.
- Angled laptop with raised back edge helps rising hot air through exhaust vents.
- Angled laptop with lowered front edge helps pull cool air through laptop intake vents.
- Open space below and around laptop for improved cooling air circulation.
- Angled up and out support arms direct airflow for improved cooling.
- Large air channel cutouts in the support arms for improved cooling.
- Third generation laptop support arm design with 200% more open airflow that 1st generation and 70% more than 2nd generation.
- Non-slip feet pads and heavy weight for increased stability.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch laptop screen raised approximately 8.4 inches for improved ergonomics.
- Raised screen for improved external display alignment.
- Heavy steel and aluminum construction for rigid no-bounce laptop typing.
- Solid front panel for hiding cable clutter.
- Solid front panel for hiding user accessories, drives and docking stations.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru and hidden clutter.
- Removable straps for hiding cables on support arms and quick laptop setup.
- Two position non-slip pads better support a wider range of laptops from ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Cooling optimized for current generation Mac laptops, with universal Mac and PC laptop cooling.
- Solid, rigid and stable structure for universal laptop support, including large PC gaming laptops.
- Bolt-on modular components for multiple product model configurations.
- Modular bolt/snap assembly for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Bolt-on speed control circuit board for servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Bolt-on fan with standard 3/4-pin fan connection for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade with nearly any 120x120x25mm fan.
- Product ships with all of the tools required for disassembly.
- Packaging system works with all Cooling Stand SRx models.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
- Extra thick 0.312 inch 6061 aluminum front plate for extra strength and durability.
- Anodized aluminum finish for matching Mac laptop finishes.
- Black powder coated steel laptop support arms, support legs, and cooling unit frame for extra strength and durability.
- Metal construction for long life span and end-of-life recyclability.
- High-quality fans with long life performance.
- High-quality components over-specced for increased performance and life.
- Minimal use of plastic for reduced environmental impact.
- Biodegradable package cushioning for reduced impact.
- Designed and crafted with care in and around Portland, OR, USA (includes foreign electronic components).
- Design driven by a passion to make best-in-class products.
- Innovative design with patents issued and/or pending.
- Support and trade-ins for anyone with a SVALT product.
- B14 Fan: Arctic 120x120x25mm 12-volt case fan with 9 black blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The low-speed cooling mode (lower LED) runs at approximately 900 RPM and produces up to 67 CFM airflow and approximately 11 dB(A) noise level. The high-speed cooling mode (upper LED) runs at approximately 1400 RPM and produces up to 90 CFM airflow and approximately 20 dB(A) noise level.
- G17 Fan: Noctua 120x120x25mm 12-volt case fan with 9 gray blades and a long life ball bearing. The low-speed cooling mode (lower LED) runs at approximately 1200 RPM and produces up to 77 CFM airflow and approximately 15 dB(A) noise level. The high-speed cooling mode (upper LED) runs at approximately 1700 RPM and produces up to 97 CFM airflow and approximately 25 dB(A) noise level.
- Modular Cooling System: Bolted connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Modular Fan: Standard 2/3/4-pin fan connector for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning with virtually any 120x120x25mm fan. User/customer supplied replacement fans must meet the following specifications: 1) 120x120x25mm +/-1mm in thickness, 2) 2-pin, 3-pin or 4-pin compact fan connector, 3) 12V, 4) 0.42A max, and 5) low-speed resistor 68 Ohms 3 Watt resistor compatibility.
- Replacement Fans: G17 and B14 fans are available through accessories.
- Air Deflector: User can choose to install the optional air deflector to provide an increase in directed cooling performance and to prevent air from hitting their hands.
- Setup: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Right-to-Repair: See Right-to-Repair page for product assembly/disassembly and component installation/removal.
- North America: Orders from USA, Canada or Mexico ship with a 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with a fixed Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan) plug.
- International: Orders from outside North America ship with a 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), Type C (Europe, South America, Asia), Type G (United Kingdom, Ireland), and Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China) interchangeable plugs.
- Replacement: SVALT products may only be used with the certified and marked LPS (Limited Power Supply) power supply. A replacement power supply is available through accessory.
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: All Mac laptops, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Oversized gaming to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with laptops operated in open-screen or closed-screen clamshell mode.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with all Mac and PC laptops that are at least 9.4 inches wide (side-to-side) and 6.8 inches deep (front-to-back). We are not aware of any laptop made that is too large or too heavy for the Cooling Stand’s substantial heavy bolt and oversized metal support structure.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with laptop built-in cooling system designs and layouts of which we are aware. Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to cooling airflow. 2) Laptop used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Larger laptop size for increased surface area cooling. 4) Hot air exhaust vents located along the back screen hinge edge to exhaust rising hot air. 5) Cool air intake vents located on the bottom underside surface, along the front edge, or along the front portion of the side edges to pull in fresh cool air.
- Compatibility Criteria for User Accessories: The Cooling Stand’s solid front panel blocks cooling fan airflow and noise, as well as hides cord clutter and user accessories. When placing user accessory items that generate heat, then some portion of that heat will transfer to the laptop through line-of-site proximity heat radiation, rising hot air currents, and/or fan driven air movement. To lessen heat transfer to the laptop, or when maximum laptop cooling is desired, then avoid placing items that generate heat close to the laptop. When placing items under the cooling fan, then note the maximum available open space under the fan is 2.525 inches in height. Placing large and/or tall items directly under the fan will reduce fan efficiency, lower airflow and/or increased noise. To lessen these effects, do not place tall user accessories directly under the fan intake, and for maximum cooling efficiency, do not place anything under or around the fan.
- Recommended Laptop Compatibility and Additional Info: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 9.5 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 8.7 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 7.8 inches.
- Product Weight: 3.7 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 6.2 lbs.
(listed from left to right)
- B16/B05 with black frame and black blades.
- R17 with black frame and red blades.
- W20 with black frame and white blades.
- B14 with black frame and black blades.
- G17 with light gray frame and dark gray blades.
- Products with fans use modular cooling systems with bolted and snapped fan assembly so that nearly any standard fan can be used. See specifications for details, and see accessories for replacement fans.
(listed from left to right)
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Matte black anodize finish may show some finger prints, but can be cleaned with a microfiber cloth, or using a damp cloth with soap and water.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Cooling Stand arm, leg and cooler cover parts are made from steel and have a matte black powder coat finish. The parts have non-cosmetic conditions around the through holes used for mounting holes.
- 1 x Support Mounting Plate: anodized aluminum modular system component onto which other components mount, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Support Plate #10 hex key: tool for installing modular system components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Laptop Support Arms: steel 3rd generation laptop support arms, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm cable straps: user installed Velcro straps, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Arms onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Support Legs: steel support leg modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Support Leg #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Legs onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 6 x Support Arm and Leg leveling pads: optional user installed non-slip 1/32” thick pads to level arm and leg contact pad locations, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit: active airflow cooling modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Cooling Unit air deflector: user installed accessory, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit power supply: see power supply notes below, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Cooling Unit #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Cooling Unit to Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit #8 hex key: tool for servicing and accessing Cooling Unit internal components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Reusable accessory box: holds accessories.
- 1 x Reusable product packaging: modular product box works with all Cooling Stand SR series models and can be used as a compact travel case.
- 2 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio supports: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Studio retention pads: Optional user installed add-on pads can be installed to lock a Mac Studio in place, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini retention pads: Optional user installed add-on pads can be installed to lock a Mac Mini in place with the bottom cover removed, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio dust filter: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio dust filter frame: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio #8 thumb nuts: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit #8 long fan fasteners: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 1 x iFixit Mac Mini bottom case opener: tool for users who wish to remover bottom cover on 2018+ Mac Minis, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- SVALT products are made locally and hand built to order per the estimated build lead time listed above under the dropdown selector.
- SVALT is a local company based in Portland, Oregon. Oregon does not collect sales tax.
- International customers are responsible for paying their country’s import fees and taxes upon delivery.
- 15-day return and 1-year limited warranty for US customers.
- Support and trade-ins available for anyone with a SVALT product.
- See policies for additional details.
Objects of Substance
SVALT is a mission driven company that offers something different with products that are as much art as tech, and as much objects of substance as machines engineered for performance. Made locally with care in the Pacific Northwest, SVALT products endure with solid metal construction, right-to-repair maintenance, easy upgrades, and a focus on sustainability.