Cooling Stand SRx
Cooling Stand SRx
The Cooling Stand model SRx supports and quietly cools Apple and PC laptops (see specs) with an unmatched level of open airflow for lower noise and higher cooling efficiency from an extra large and powerful dual-speed fan cooling system with new ultra-quiet Noctua fans.
The SRx and all Cooling Stand models feature a fully modular system with exchangeable components and model reconfigurability, as well as hidden cord clutter, improved workstation ergonomics and extra rigid no-bounce device support for the largest Mac/PC laptops.All SVALT cooling systems use modular bolted / snapped cooling system assemblies and ship with the tools required for right-to-repair servicing, exchanging and upgrading. All SVALT products are made locally with care in the Pacific Northwest, using enduring metal construction made from solid aluminum.
- Rectilinear styling with straight sides.
- Active and passive airflow cooling.
- Externally cools laptop enclosure.
- Pushbutton dual-speed for quiet and max cooling.
- Quiet and powerful active airflow cooling system.
- Exchangeable snap-in 3/4-pin 120x120x25mm fan.
- Exchangeable bolt-in modular cooling system.
- User reconfigurable bolt-in modular components.
- 3rd generation laptop support arms w/ 200% more open airflow.
- 3rd gen arms with two position non-slip pads better support ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Universal compatibility for Mac / PC laptops.
- Screen viewing ergonomics raised 8.4-inches higher.
- Extra heavy duty structure for no bounce support.
- Hidden cord clutter and user accessories.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
- Made from aluminum and steel in Portland, Oregon.
Active Airflow Cooling Features
- Airflow directed and optimized for superior cooling performance.
- Fan drives airflow onto aluminum enclosure for improved cooling.
- Finger guard spaced off of fan for increased cooling airflow and reduced noise.
- Open space above and below fan for increased cooling airflow and reduced noise.
- Third generation laptop support arm design with 200% more open airflow than 1st generation and 70% more than 2nd generation.
- External outlet power supply for increased power with reduced internal laptop heat gain.
- Large 120x120x25mm 12-volt fan for powerful yet quiet cooling.
- High-speed for max cooling and low-speed for quiet cooling.
- Aluminum front facing pushbutton switch with high- and low-speed LEDs for effective and simple to operate dual-speed control.
- Snap-on air deflector to direct airflow and for users sensitive to cold air movement.
Passive Airflow Cooling Features
- Optimized passive airflow cooling so fan can be turned off for silent operation.
- Angled laptop with raised back edge helps rising hot air through exhaust vents.
- Angled laptop with lowered front edge helps pull cool air through laptop intake vents.
- Open space below and around laptop for improved cooling air circulation.
- Angled up and out support arms direct airflow for improved cooling.
- Large air channel cutouts in the support arms for improved cooling.
- Third generation laptop support arm design with 200% more open airflow that 1st generation and 70% more than 2nd generation.
Workstation Productivity Features
- Non-slip feet pads and heavy weight for increased stability.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch laptop screen raised approximately 8.4 inches for improved ergonomics.
- Raised screen for improved external display alignment.
- Heavy steel and aluminum construction for rigid no-bounce laptop typing.
- Solid front panel for hiding cable clutter.
- Solid front panel for hiding user accessories, drives and docking stations.
- Opening under front plate and side legs for cords pass-thru and hidden clutter.
- Removable straps for hiding cables on support arms and quick laptop setup.
Device Compatibility Features
- Two position non-slip pads better support a wider range of laptops from ultra-compact to ultra-large gaming laptops.
- Cooling optimized for current generation Mac laptops, with universal Mac and PC laptop cooling.
- Solid, rigid and stable structure for universal laptop support, including large PC gaming laptops.
Right-to-Repair Modularity Features
- Bolt-on modular components for multiple product model configurations.
- Modular bolt/snap assembly for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Bolt-on speed control circuit board for servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade.
- Bolt-on fan with standard 3/4-pin fan connection for customer servicing, replacement, exchange or upgrade with nearly any 120x120x25mm fan.
- Product ships with all of the tools required for disassembly.
- Packaging system works with all Cooling Stand SRx models.
- Product package can be used as compact travel case.
Material and Component Quality Features
- Extra thick 0.312 inch 6061 aluminum front plate for extra strength and durability.
- Anodized aluminum finish for matching Mac laptop finishes.
- Black powder coated steel laptop support arms, support legs, and cooling unit frame for extra strength and durability.
- Metal construction for long life span and end-of-life recyclability.
- High-quality fans with long life performance.
- High-quality components over-specced for increased performance and life.
- Minimal use of plastic for reduced environmental impact.
- Biodegradable package cushioning for reduced impact.
- Designed and crafted with care in and around Portland, OR, USA (includes foreign electronic components).
- Design driven by a passion to make best-in-class products.
- Innovative design with patents issued and/or pending.
- Support and trade-ins for anyone with a SVALT product.
Additional Mac Mini Support Features
- See SRxM product page for associated features with Mac Mini Supports and accessories.
Cooling System Specifications
- G12 Fan: Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 120x120x25mm 12-volt case fan with 7 gray blades and a long life ball bearing. The low-speed cooling mode (lower LED) runs at approximately 900 RPM and produces up to 45 CFM airflow and approximately 12 dB(A) noise level. The high-speed cooling mode (upper LED) runs at approximately 1200 RPM and produces up to 59 CFM airflow and approximately 18 dB(A) noise level.
- G07 Fan: Noctua NF-S12B redux-700 120x120x25mm 12-volt case fan with 7 gray blades and a long life ball bearing. The low-speed cooling mode (lower LED) runs at approximately 500 RPM and produces up to 28 CFM airflow and approximately 5 dB(A) noise level. The high-speed cooling mode (upper LED) runs at approximately 700 RPM and produces up to 34 CFM airflow and approximately 7 dB(A) noise level.
- Modular Cooling System: Bolted connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Modular Fan: Standard 2/3/4-pin fan connector for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning with virtually any 120x120x25mm fan. User/customer supplied replacement fans must meet the following specifications: 1) 120x120x25mm +/-1mm in thickness, 2) 2-pin, 3-pin or 4-pin compact fan connector, 3) 12V, 4) 0.42A max, and 5) low-speed resistor 68 Ohms 3 Watt resistor compatibility.
- Replacement Fans: Fans are available through accessories.
- Air Deflector: User can choose to install the optional air deflector to provide an increase in directed cooling performance and to prevent air from hitting their hands.
- Setup: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Right-to-Repair: See Right-to-Repair page for product assembly/disassembly and component installation/removal.
Power Supply Specifications
- A North American power supply is included with USA, Canada, Mexico or Japan, while an international power supply is included with other locations.
- North America Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with a fixed Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan) plug.
- International Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), Type C (Europe, South America, Asia), Type G (United Kingdom, Ireland), and Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China) interchangeable plugs.
- Replacement: SVALT products may only be used with the certified and marked LPS (Limited Power Supply) power supply. A replacement power supply is available through accessory.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: All Mac laptops, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Oversized gaming to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with laptops operated in open-screen or closed-screen clamshell mode.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with all Mac and PC laptops that are at least 9.4 inches wide (side-to-side) and 6.8 inches deep (front-to-back). We are not aware of any laptop made that is too large or too heavy for the Cooling Stand’s substantial heavy bolt and oversized metal support structure.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with laptop built-in cooling system designs and layouts of which we are aware. Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to cooling airflow. 2) Laptop used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Larger laptop size for increased surface area cooling. 4) Hot air exhaust vents located along the back screen hinge edge to exhaust rising hot air. 5) Cool air intake vents located on the bottom underside surface, along the front edge, or along the front portion of the side edges to pull in fresh cool air.
- Compatibility Criteria for User Accessories: The Cooling Stand’s solid front panel blocks cooling fan airflow and noise, as well as hides cord clutter and user accessories. When placing user accessory items that generate heat, then some portion of that heat will transfer to the laptop through line-of-site proximity heat radiation, rising hot air currents, and/or fan driven air movement. To lessen heat transfer to the laptop, or when maximum laptop cooling is desired, then avoid placing items that generate heat close to the laptop. When placing items under the cooling fan, then note the maximum available open space under the fan is 2.525 inches in height. Placing large and/or tall items directly under the fan will reduce fan efficiency, lower airflow and/or increased noise. To lessen these effects, do not place tall user accessories directly under the fan intake, and for maximum cooling efficiency, do not place anything under or around the fan.
- Recommended Laptop Compatibility and Additional Info: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 9.5 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 8.7 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 7.8 inches.
- Product Weight: 3.7 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 6.2 lbs.
- 1 x Support Mounting Plate: anodized aluminum modular system component onto which other components mount, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Support Plate #10 hex key: tool for installing modular system components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Laptop Support Arms: steel 3rd generation laptop support arms, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm cable straps: user installed Velcro straps, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Arms onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Support Legs: steel support leg modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Support Leg #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Legs onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 6 x Support Arm and Leg leveling pads: optional user installed non-slip 1/32” thick pads to level arm and leg contact pad locations, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit: active airflow cooling modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Cooling Unit air deflector: user installed accessory, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit power supply: see power supply notes below, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Cooling Unit #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Cooling Unit to Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit #8 hex key: tool for servicing and accessing Cooling Unit internal components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Reusable accessory box: holds accessories.
- 1 x Reusable product packaging: modular product box works with all Cooling Stand SR series models and can be used as a compact travel case.
- Additional/Replacement Contents for Optional Mac Mini/Studio Supports
- 2 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio supports: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Studio retention pads: Optional user installed add-on pads can be installed to lock a Mac Studio in place, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini retention pads: Optional user installed add-on pads can be installed to lock a Mac Mini in place with the bottom cover removed, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio dust filter: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio dust filter frame: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit Mac Mini / Studio #8 thumb nuts: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 4 x Cooling Unit #8 long fan fasteners: Mac Mini / Studio modular system component, ships installed.
- 1 x iFixit Mac Mini bottom case opener: tool for users who wish to remover bottom cover on 2018+ Mac Minis, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- Note: Assembly required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Aluminum Finish Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- Silver bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Silver.
- Gray bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Space Gray.
- Dark Gray bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Space Black.
- Black bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is a full and deep black.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
- Cooling Stand arm, leg and cooler cover parts are made from steel and have a matte black powder coat finish. The parts have non-cosmetic conditions around the through holes used for mounting holes.
Fan Model Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- G07 and G12 120x120x25mm Noctua fan with light gray frame and dark gray blades.
- G09 and G17 120x120x25mm Noctua fan with light gray frame and dark gray blades.
Additional Mac Mini Support Specifications
- See SRxM product page for associated specifications with Mac Mini Supports and accessories.
The cooling system can be configured with one of two high-quality Noctua fan models that are both optimized for ultra low-noise and high-airflow. The new fans offer reduced noise and similar cooling airflow compared to the previous fans. The new G12 ultra-quiet fan is recommended for most users with a high-speed setting that provides significant cooling airflow while still staying quiet, and a low-speed setting that provides ultra-quiet noise levels. The new G07 extra ultra-quiet fan is recommended for users working in the most noise sensitive environments with an ultra-quiet high-speed setting, and a low-speed setting that is so quiet as to be virtually undetectable. The bolt and snap modular cooling system and fans allow for easy exchange through accessories, and the cooling system will work with most any standard 120x120x25mm fan. See the Specifications section below for additional details.
Optional Mac Mini/Studio Supports
The cooling system can be ordered with pads pre-installed to support a Mac Mini or Mac Studio.
Aluminum Color and Finish
The SRx’s front aluminum support plate is available in silver, gray, dark gray and black anodize colors (see image above). The silver is similar to Apple’s Silver, the gray is similar to Apple’s Space Gray, the dark gray is similar to Apple’s Space Black, and the black is a full and deep black. Aluminum stands are anodized in regular batches by model and color, so the listed “est. build lead time” can fluctuate and might differ between colors based on the anodize schedule and based on estimated order build lead time.
The Cooling Stand product line is a fully modular system where one model can be converted into another or individual components can be replaced or upgraded in the future through accessories. We also offer a variety of upgrade options to our customers.
Order and Shipping Information
- SVALT products are made locally and hand built to order per the estimated build lead time listed above under the dropdown selector.
- SVALT is a local company based in Portland, Oregon. Oregon does not collect sales tax.
- International customers are responsible for paying their country’s import fees and taxes upon delivery. International orders are limited to one item per shipment.
- 15-day return and 1-year limited warranty for US customers.
- Support for anyone with a SVALT product.
- See policies for additional details.
Objects of Substance
SVALT is a mission driven company that offers something different with products that are as much art as tech, and as much objects of substance as machines engineered for performance. Made locally with care in the Pacific Northwest, SVALT products endure with solid metal construction, right-to-repair maintenance, easy upgrades, and a focus on sustainability.