Cooling System Specifications
- Modular Cooling System: Active airflow cooling can be added when needed by purchasing and installing the modular Cooling Unit component. Bolted connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Note: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: All Mac laptops, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Oversized gaming to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with laptops operated in open-screen or closed-screen clamshell mode.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with all Mac and PC laptops that are at least 9.4 inches wide (side-to-side) and 6.8 inches deep (front-to-back). We are not aware of any laptop made that is too large or too heavy for the Cooling Stand’s substantial heavy bolt and oversized metal support structure.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with laptop built-in cooling system designs and layouts of which we are aware. Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to passive cooling airflow. 2) Laptop used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Larger laptop size for increased surface area cooling. 4) Hot air exhaust vents located along the back screen hinge edge to exhaust rising hot air. 5) Cool air intake vents located on the bottom underside surface, along the front edge, or along the front portion of the side edges to pull in fresh cool air.
- Compatibility Criteria for User Accessories: The Cooling Stand’s solid front panel blocks cooling fan airflow and noise, as well as hides cord clutter and user accessories. When placing user accessory items that generate heat, then some portion of that heat will transfer to the laptop through line-of-site proximity heat radiation, rising hot air currents, and/or fan driven air movement. To lessen heat transfer to the laptop, or when maximum laptop cooling is desired, then avoid placing items that generate heat close to the laptop.
- Note: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 9.5 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 8.7 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 7.8 inches.
- Product Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- 1 x Support Mounting Plate: anodized aluminum modular system component onto which other components mount, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 1 x Support Plate #10 hex key: tool for installing modular system components, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 2 x Laptop Support Arms: steel 3rd generation laptop support arms, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm cable straps: user installed Velcro straps, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 4 x Laptop Support Arm #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Arms onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in envelope and accessories box.
- 2 x Support Legs: steel support leg modular system component, ships uninstalled in foam pocket.
- 4 x Support Leg #10 mounting fasteners: fasteners to mount Support Legs onto Support Plate, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 6 x Support Arm and Leg leveling pads: optional user installed non-slip 1/32” thick pads to level arm and leg contact pad locations, ships uninstalled in accessories box.
- 1 x Reusable accessory box: holds accessories.
- 1 x Reusable product packaging: modular product box works with all Cooling Stand SR series models and can be used as a compact travel case.
- Note: Assembly required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Aluminum Finish Colors (listed from left to right)
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Space Gray color.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Midnight color.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Silver color.
- Aluminum Finish Notes
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
- Cooling Stand arm, leg and cooler cover parts are made from steel and have a matte black powder coat finish. The parts have non-cosmetic conditions around the through holes used for mounting holes.