Cooling System Specifications
- B16 Cooling System: Ultra-quiet single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 12-volt case fan with 5 black blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1600 RPM and produces up to 21 CFM airflow and approximately 14 dB(A) noise level.
- R17 Cooling System: Single-speed SilenX 80x80x25mm 12-volt case fan with 7 red blades and a long life ball bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1700 RPM and produces up to 31 CFM airflow and approximately 19 dB(A) noise level.
- W20 Cooling System: Single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 3-pin 12-volt case fan with 9 white blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 2000 RPM and produces approximately 41 CFM airflow and 24 dB(A) noise level.
- DIY Cooling System: Fan screen with standard compact 3/4-pin fan connector, power switch, power jack, and power supply ready for user supplied fan per Modular Fan section below.
- Modular Cooling System: Bolted assembly/connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Replacement cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Modular Fan: Bolted assembly with standard 3/4-pin fan connector for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning with virtually any 80x80x25mm fan. Replacement fans are available to purchase separately. User/customer supplied replacement fans must meet the following specifications: 1) 80x80x25mm, 2) 3-pin or 4-pin compact fan connector with standard thickness wire sheathing, 3) 12V, and 4) 0.42A max.
- Setup: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Right-to-Repair: See Right-to-Repair page for product assembly/disassembly and component installation/removal.
Power Supply Specifications
- A North American power supply is included with USA, Canada, Mexico or Japan, while an international power supply is included with other locations.
- North America Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with a fixed Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan) plug.
- International Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), Type C (Europe, South America, Asia), Type G (United Kingdom, Ireland), and Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China) interchangeable plugs.
- Replacement: SVALT products may only be used with the certified and marked LPS (Limited Power Supply) power supply. A replacement power supply is available through accessory.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: MacBook Pro 15/13” Retina 2012-2015, MacBook Air 13/11” 2008-2017, and more based on the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Select standard to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with the following device and screen types: 1) Laptops operated in closed-screen clamshell mode while connected to an external display, keyboard/mouse and power supply. 2) Laptops with convertible/flip touchscreen, either while in a standalone configuration with touchscreen, or while also connected to a second display and/or keyboard/mouse. 3) Tablets with touchscreen, either standalone or connected to an additional display.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with devices that are up to approximately 0.5 inches thick at their bottom tapped edge, and depending on the edge shape can fit devices up to approximately 0.9 inches thick at their thickest section. Larger devices with more rounded and tapered edges usually fit more easily than square edges. Note that removing the front adjustable pad allows thicker devices to lean against the cradle’s angled back and rest on the cradle’s lower pad, however, removing it may compromise stability.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with devices that do not have hot air exhaust vents located within the 4.500 inch center portion of the bottom edge (screen hinge edge on laptops), and that have an air intake vent in that center bottom edge location into which cooing airflow can be directly driven. The central lower cooling exhaust vent includes a flexible edge that conforms around the device’s edge to fit a greater variety of device shapes and provide an air seal around the device's air intake vent. The vent opening is approximately 3.8 inches wide at it widest point and approximately 0.5 inches tall at its tallest point. To achieve successful vent coupling, the device’s vent should be approximately as long as the exhaust vent. Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to cooling airflow and heatsink thermal mass. 2) Devices used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Processor location centered and near bottom edge to align the device’s highest temperature location with the most cooling for the largest heat transfer potential through cooling airflow and heatsink thermal mass.
- Note: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 4.8 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 4.1 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 4.1 inches.
- Product Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 to 3.4 lbs.
- 1 x SVALT Cooling Dock model DLx per selected build configuration.
- 1 x hex drive for right-to-repair accessing modular cooling system for exchanging, servicing or cleaning cooling systems and fans.
- 1 x hex drive for adjusting sliding front laptop retention pad.
- 1 x power supply w/ fixed plug for domestic or multi-plug for international orders.
- 1 x reusable product box.
- Note that some assembly may be required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Aluminum Finish Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Space Gray color.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Midnight color.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Silver color.
- See Order Configurations section for aluminum finish color details.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
Fan Model Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- B16/B05 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.
- R17 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and red blades.
- W20 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and white blades.
- B22 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.