Cooling System Specifications
- B16 Cooling System: Ultra-quiet single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 3-pin 12-volt case fan with 5 black blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1600 RPM and produces approximately 21 CFM airflow and 13 dB(A) noise level.
- R17 Cooling System: Single-speed SilenX 80x80x25mm 3-pin 12-volt case fan with 7 red blades and a long life ball bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1700 RPM and produces approximately 31 CFM airflow and 18 dB(A) noise level.
- W20 Cooling System: Single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 3-pin 12-volt case fan with 9 white blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 2000 RPM and produces approximately 41 CFM airflow and 23 dB(A) noise level.
- B22 Cooling System: Variable-speed Noctua NF-A8 PWM chromax.black.swap 80x80x25mm 4-pin 12-volt case fan with 7 black blades and a premium-grade SSO2 bearing. The fan runs at approximately zero up to 2200 RPM and produces approximately zero up to 32.6 CFM airflow and zero up to 18 dB(A) noise level. This Noctua fan option comes bundled with Noctua’s NA-FC1 PWM dial-variable speed controller and a Noctua extension cable.
- Modular Fan and Fan Compatibility: Bolted assembly with standard 3/4-pin fan connector for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning with virtually any 80x80mm fan. Replacement fans are available to purchase separately. User/customer supplied fans must meet the following specifications when used with electronic switch adapter, power supply, or other items: 1) 3-pin or 4-pin compact fan connector, 2) 12V, and 3) 0.42A max. User/customer supplied fans must meet the following specifications: 1) must be 80mm x 80mm to fit within the heatsink’s fan cutout as it was designed to fit tightly around the fan to create an air seal and prevent air from leaking out, as well as helping to align fan fasteners with threaded holes, 2) fan connection wires need to be located within recessed channels/notches, or when not available, for the wiring thickness of 0.040 inches or less. Note the included #8-32 fasteners support up to a 25mm thick fan, but thicker fans can be supported with the use of longer #8-32 fasteners. Also note that fan should only be operated with finger guards installed on both sides of fan, otherwise take caution as injury can occur.
- Setup: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Right-to-Repair: See Right-to-Repair page for product assembly/disassembly and component installation/removal.
Power Supply Specifications
- A North American power supply is included with USA, Canada, Mexico or Japan, while an international power supply is included with other locations.
- North America Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with a fixed Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan) plug.
- International Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), Type C (Europe, South America, Asia), Type G (United Kingdom, Ireland), and Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China) interchangeable plugs.
- Replacement: SVALT products may only be used with the certified and marked LPS (Limited Power Supply) power supply. A replacement power supply is available through accessory.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: The DHCx is compatible for cooling and fit with Mac laptop models from the last decade, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Most standard to small PC laptops and other devices per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with the following device and screen types: 1) Laptops operated in closed-screen clamshell mode while connected to an external display, keyboard/mouse and power supply. 2) Laptops with convertible/flip touchscreen, either while in a standalone configuration with touchscreen, or while also connected to a second display and/or keyboard/mouse. 3) Tablets with touchscreen, either standalone or connected to an additional display.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with devices that are up to approximately 1.100 inches thick, but will vary depending on the bottom edge shape of the device. An optional laptop retention pad can be installed to lock the laptop in place.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with devices that do not have hot air exhaust vents located within the 4.500 inch center portion of the bottom edge (screen hinge edge on laptops), and that have a metal enclosure surface for coupling with the thermally conductive interface (note that customer installed surface coverings will not allow for thermal coupling and the transfer of heat from device to heatsink). Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Bottom/back metal enclosure surfaces that are flat at the location of the thermally conductive pad to allow for continuous coupling and maximum heat transfer. 2) Processor location centered and near bottom edge to align the device’s highest temperature location with the most cooling for the largest heat transfer potential into the heatsink thermal mass. 3) Cool air intake vent locations centered on the bottom edge for direct internal cooling from the passthrough hole when used with the optional Cooling Fan Fx accessory.
- See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 4.8 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 4.1 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 4.1 inches.
- Product Weight: 2.3 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 3.4 to 3.6 lbs.
- 1 x SVALT Cooling Dock model DHCx per selected build configuration with the following items installed into dock:
- 1 x 80x80x25mm fan per selected build configuration with 3/4-pin fan connecter.
- 2 x black powder coated steel 80x80mm fan screens.
- 4 x black #8-32 x 1.25 fasters.
- 1 x power on/off switch and adapter with 3/4-pin fan connecter at one end and 2.1m barrel power supply connecter at the other end. Note that the B22 fan configuration also includes Noctua’s NA-FC1 PWM dial-variable speed controller and a Noctua extension cable.
- 1 x power supply w/ fixed plug for domestic or multi-plug for international orders.
- 1 x hex drive for right-to-repair accessing modular cooling system for exchanging, servicing or cleaning cooling systems and fans.
- 3 x optional user installed laptop retention pads (1 pad installed at a time with 2 extras for future installations).
- 1 x white microfiber cloth for cleaning thermally conductive surface.
- 1 x reusable product box.
- Assembly Note: Some assembly may be required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Aluminum Finish Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- Silver bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Silver.
- Gray bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Space Gray.
- Dark Gray bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is similar to Apple Space Black.
- Black bead blasted matte anodize aluminum finish is a full and deep black.
- See Order Configurations section for aluminum finish color details.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
Thermally Conductive Material Color Specifications
- The yellow-orange color hue varies depending on the underlying anodized aluminum color with silver being the brightest and black being the darkest. A thinner material assembly overlay improves heat transfer, and has a slightly lighter color compared to thicker overlay.
- The thermally conductive interface is engineered and assembled to prioritize technical performance (thermal coupling and preventing metal-to-metal scratching) over cosmetics.
- The interface is not engineered to be perfectly even in color or finish, however, surface color variations from the thermal padding may even out over time with exposure to heat from device coupling.
- The underlying aluminum surface of the coupling plate is specially finished for improved coupling and not for creating a perfectly even finish.
- The thermally conductive surface can absorb oil from fingers and hand. A white microfiber cloth is provided to clean surface.
Fan Model Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- B16/B05 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.
- R17 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and red blades.
- W20 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and white blades.
- B22 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.