Cooling System Specifications
- B16 Cooling System: Ultra-quiet single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 12-volt case fan with 5 black blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1600 RPM and produces up to 21 CFM airflow and approximately 13 dB(A) noise level.
- R17 Cooling System: Single-speed SilenX 80x80x25mm 12-volt case fan with 7 red blades and a long life ball bearing. The fan runs at approximately 1700 RPM and produces up to 31 CFM airflow and approximately 18 dB(A) noise level.
- W20 Cooling System: Single-speed Arctic 80x80x25mm 3-pin 12-volt case fan with 9 white blades and a long life fluid dynamic bearing. The fan runs at approximately 2000 RPM and produces approximately 41 CFM airflow and 23 dB(A) noise level.
- DIY Cooling System: Fan screen with standard compact 3/4-pin fan connector, power switch, power jack, and power supply ready for user supplied fan per Modular Fan section below.
- Modular Cooling System: Bolted assembly/connection for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning. Replacement cooling systems are available to purchase separately.
- Modular Fan: Bolted assembly with standard 3/4-pin fan connector for easy upgrade, exchange, servicing or cleaning with virtually any 80x80x25mm fan. Replacement fans are available to purchase separately. User/customer supplied replacement fans must meet the following specifications: 1) 80x80x25mm, 2) 3-pin or 4-pin compact fan connector with standard thickness wire sheathing, 3) 12V, and 4) 0.42A max.
- Setup: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
- Right-to-Repair: See Right-to-Repair page for product assembly/disassembly and component installation/removal.
Power Supply Specifications
- A North American power supply is included with USA, Canada, Mexico or Japan, while an international power supply is included with other locations.
- North America Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with a fixed Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan) plug.
- International Power Supply Specs: 100-240V AC input and 12V output power supply with Type A (USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan), Type C (Europe, South America, Asia), Type G (United Kingdom, Ireland), and Type I (Australia, New Zealand, China) interchangeable plugs.
- Replacement: SVALT products may only be used with the certified and marked LPS (Limited Power Supply) power supply. A replacement power supply is available through accessory.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: Mac laptop models from the last decade, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Most standard to small PC laptops per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with the following device and screen types: 1) Laptops operated in closed-screen clamshell mode while connected to an external display, keyboard/mouse and power supply. 2) Laptops with convertible/flip touchscreen, either while in a standalone configuration with touchscreen, or while also connected to a second display and/or keyboard/mouse. 3) Tablets with touchscreen, either standalone or connected to an additional display.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with devices that are up to approximately 0.910 inches thick, but accommodation will vary depending on the bottom edge shape of the device. Optional left and right 0.063 inch thick pads can be installed by the user to create additional offset and allow for additional airflow with thinner laptops. An optional laptop retention pad can be installed to lock the laptop in place.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with devices that do not have hot air exhaust vents located within the 4.500 inch center portion of the bottom edge (screen hinge edge on laptops). Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to cooling airflow from the multiple vents and heatsink thermal mass. 2) Devices used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Processor location centered and near bottom edge to align the device’s highest temperature location with the most cooling for the largest heat transfer potential through multiple cooling vents and heatsink thermal mass. 4) Cool air intake vent locations centered on bottom edge for direct internal cooling from the lower vent.
- See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 4.8 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 4.1 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 4.1 inches.
- Product Weight: 2.0 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 to 3.3 lbs.
- 1 x SVALT Cooling Dock model Dx per selected build configuration.
- 3 x optional user installed laptop retention pads (1 pad installed at a time with 2 extras for future installations).
- 1 x user installed set of 1/16” layer front surface pads.
- 1 x hex drive for right-to-repair accessing modular cooling system for exchanging, servicing or cleaning cooling systems and fans.
- 1 x power supply w/ fixed plug for domestic or multi-plug for international orders.
- 1 x reusable cardboard product box.
- Note that some assembly may be required. Follow packaging labels and see Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Aluminum Finish Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Space Gray color.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Midnight color.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Silver color.
- See Order Configurations section for aluminum finish color details.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
Fan Model Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- B16/B05 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.
- R17 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and red blades.
- W20 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and white blades.
- B22 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.