Cooling System Specifications
- The DH uses a large heatsink sculpted from solid aluminum to provide silent cooling. However, in addition to the silent cooling, the heatsink’s backside air scope and extra large passthrough air hole are designed for active airflow cooling with the optional Cooling Fan Fx accessory that boosts heatsink cooling and internally cools processors on compatible laptops. The Fx can be purchased bundled with the DH, or can be purchased separately later. Note that the 2nd generation DH model includes an extra large frontside horizontal air channel with curving for improved active airflow cooling with the Fx.
- Note: See Product Setup page for product setup, operation and additional user guide resources.
Device Compatibility Specifications
- Compatible Apple / Mac Laptops: The 2nd generation DH model is compatible for cooling and fit with Mac laptop models from the last decade, as well as other devices per the compatibility criteria listed below. The 2nd gen model is recommended for most laptops over the 1st gen model as the 1st gen model has more limited compatibility to MacBook Pro 16/15/13” TouchBar 2016-2020, MacBook Pro 15/13” Retina 2012-2015, MacBook Air 13” M1 2020-2021, MacBook Air 13” Retina 2018-2020, MacBook Air 13/11” 2008-2017, and MacBook 12” Retina 2015-2018 laptops.
- Compatible PC Laptops: Most standard to small PC laptops and other devices per the compatibility criterial listed below.
- Compatibility Criteria for Types: Works with the following device and screen types: 1) Laptops operated in closed-screen clamshell mode while connected to an external display, keyboard/mouse and power supply. 2) Laptops with convertible/flip touchscreen, either while in a standalone configuration with touchscreen, or while also connected to a second display and/or keyboard/mouse. 3) Tablets with touchscreen, either standalone or connected to an additional display.
- Compatibility Criteria for Fit: Works with devices that are up to approximately 1.100 inches thick, but will vary depending on the bottom edge shape of the device. An optional laptop retention pad can be installed to lock the laptop in place.
- Compatibility Criteria for Cooling: Works with devices that do not have hot air exhaust vents located within the 4.500 inch center portion of the bottom edge (screen hinge edge on laptops). Cooling performance improves with devices that have the following attributes, where more attributes result in more cooling: 1) Metal enclosures / chassis to absorb heat and then transfer it to passive cooling airflow and heatsink thermal mass. 2) Devices used without customer installed surface covering that traps heat, reducing the ability to transfer heat to surroundings. 3) Processor location centered and near bottom edge to align the device’s highest temperature location with the most cooling for the largest heat transfer potential through passive cooling airflow and heatsink thermal mass. 4) Cool air intake vent locations centered on the bottom edge for direct internal cooling from the passthrough hole when used with the optional Cooling Fan Fx accessory.
- Note: See Laptops page to learn about Apple laptop’s built-in cooling systems and SVALT model recommendations.
- Product Side to Side: 4.8 inches.
- Product Front to Back: 4.1 inches.
- Product Top to Bottom: 4.1 inches.
- Product Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 lbs.
- 1 x SVALT Cooling Dock model DH per selected build configuration.
- 3 x optional user installed laptop retention pads (1 pad installed at a time with 2 extras for future installations).
- 1 x reusable product box.
Aluminum Finish Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- Gray bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Space Gray color.
- Black bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Midnight color.
- Silver bead blasted anodize finish is similar to Apple’s Silver color.
- See Order Configurations section for aluminum finish color details.
- Anodized parts are pre-finished by hand and then anodized by hand in small batches. The anodize color may vary slightly between parts.
- Anodized part’s bottom and/or back surfaces are considered non-cosmetic finish.
- Satin silver and glossy black anodized finishes are brighter than matte anodize.
Fan Model Color Specifications
listed from left to right
- B16/B05 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.
- R17 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and red blades.
- W20 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and white blades.
- B22 80x80x25mm fan with black frame and black blades.
Additional Cooling Fan Specifications
- See Cooling Fan Fx product page for associated specifications.